Fish are cold-blooded water-dwelling vertebrate with gills.
There are over 29,000 species of fish, making them the most diverse group of vertebrates.
Kosher Fish that have fins and scales.
- Albacore See: Mackerel
- Alewife See: Herring
- Amberjack See: Jacks
- Anchovies (Family Engraulidae). Including: European anchovy (Engraulis encrasciolus), North of California anchovy br(Engraulis mordax).
- Angelfishes and butterfly fishes (Family Chaetodontidae). Including: Angelfishes (Holacanthus species, Pomacanthus species).
ama or reineta which go by the Latin name lepidotus austrais or lepidotus raii)
- Ballyhoo See: Flyingfishes
- Barracudas (Family Sphyraenidae) Including: Ba
Atlantic Pomfret or Ray's Bream(Brama rracudas and kakus (Sphyraena species).
- Bass See Sea Basses. Temperate basses, Sunfishes, Drums
- Bigeyes (Family Priacanthidae). Including: Bigeyes or aweoweos (Priacanthus species).
- Blackfish See: Carp, Wrasses
- Blacksmith See: Damselfishes
- Blueback See: Flounders, Herrings, Trouts
- Bluefish or snapper blue (Pomatomus saltarix)
- Bluegill See: Sunfishes
- Bocaccio See: Scorpionfishes
- Bombay duck (Harpadeon nehereus)
- Bonefish (Albula vulpes)
- Bonito See: Cobia, Mackerel
- Bowfin Freshwater dogfish, or grindle (Amia calva)
- Bream See: Carp, Atlantic Pomfret, Porgies
- Brill See: Flounder
- Buffalo Fish See: Suckers
- ButterFishes (Family Stromateidae), Including: Butterfish (Peprilus tracanthus); Pacific pompano (Peprilus similimus); harvestfishes (Peprilus species)
- Butterfly fish See: Angelfish
Also see: Fish Recipes - Tips on Buying Fish